This super easy Tofu Dessert Pudding is one of THE FASTEST desserts I’ve ever made!
This recipe is really adaptable. Use any kind of fruit you want. I’ve used strawberries in the picture, but have also used blueberries, bananas, and combinations of different fruit. Play with some varieties, and let me know what your favorite is.
As always, my main motivation is to incorporate ingredients that will help lower blood pressure, and/or lower bad LDL cholesterol.
Tofu as the base of this pudding is an easy, healthy protein boost. The fruit, particularly strawberries and blueberries, provide heart health benefits, and antioxidants – both something I need loads of for a healthy heart.
I used unpasteurized, local honey for the sweetener. You could also use Stevia, or maple syrup.
This pudding is so healthy I often (try) to keep some in the fridge for a really quick breakfast or snack.
- 2 large RIPE avocados (about 2 cups)
- 6 tbsp unsweetened raw cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup to ⅓ cup water, milk, almond milk, coconut milk or soy milk (I use almond milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and whirl until PERFECTLY smooth
- You may need to add a bit more liquid if pudding is too thick
- Taste and add more maple syrup if desired
- Pudding is ready to eat immediately but tastes best COLD. (Chilling really makes a difference.)
- Make SURE you get all the lumps out
- Top with some fresh fruit or fruit coulis – we like to use strawberries
- May be stored for up to 24 hours in refrigerator – if it lasts that long