I’ve been making Avocado Chocolate Pudding for years, and have given the recipe away often. Everyone who tastes it wants the recipe.
It’s originally from LooneySpoons – you know, Janet and Greta Podlinsky. I couldn’t find it on their site any longer, and have been using it so long I don’t even know if I changed it up.
This is sooo simple, and so delish you won’t believe it!
It’s really versatile as well. Dress it up with a berry coulis (puree) – I like to use strawberries or raspberries, add some cashew or coconut cream, and you have an elegant dessert.
It also works really well used in pastry shells (tart or pie) – instant chocolate pie! I haven’t tried the pie version, but a friend uses it this way to satisfy her family’s cravings. She hasn’t bothered to mention what’s in it.
- 2 large RIPE avocados (about 2 cups)
- 6 tbsp unsweetened raw cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup to ⅓ cup water, milk, almond milk, coconut milk or soy milk (I use almond milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and whirl until PERFECTLY smooth
- You may need to add a bit more liquid if pudding is too thick
- Taste and add more maple syrup if desired
- Pudding is ready to eat immediately but tastes best COLD. (Chilling really makes a difference.)
- Make SURE you get all the lumps out
- Top with some fresh fruit or fruit coulis – we like to use strawberries
- May be stored for up to 24 hours in refrigerator – if it lasts that long